What do you get when you combine a UK based Wheeler Dealer, a California state Senator, and a Pirelli World Challenge race car driver? I have no idea. But, it is going to be an insane week on the Daily Turismo Radio show. First, we are going to record an interview with Senator Ted Gaines, the guy behind a fantastic CA classic car bill that will save late 70s classics from the crusher. Next we are going to have ex Formula Drift and current Pirelli World Challenge driver Carl Rydquist joining us in the studio for a live broadcast from our studio at 7PM pacific time on Friday May 6th. Finally we are going to have TV personality and the nicest chap you'll ever buy a second hand car from -- Mike Brewer from Wheeler Dealers on Velocity HD will join us via phone for a recorded segment that will air in the next few days.
You can listen to the show here PodBean // iTunes// TalkRadioOne live broadcast. Now is your chance to get questions in for the show, you have a few options:
1. Submit your questions in the comments below.
2. E-mail your questions to DTRadio@dailyturismo.com
3. Call in during the show and ask questions live on the air or in a pre-taped segment-- e-mail DTRadio@dailyturismo.com and ask for call-in instructions.
These will be three separate shows, but we are still trying to figure out the details of which is going to be released when, but in no particular order:
- Senator Ted Gaines will join us to discuss the California Senate Bill 1239, which aims to move the smog exempt date from 1975 to 1980, but for classic cars only. Read our previous story about this bill here. We'll ask the Senator some hard hitting questions about his favorite year of RX-7 and if he prefers the Porsche 924 or the 928.
- Racer Carl Rydquist will join us for a live show that will air on TalkRadioOne.com at 7PM Pacific time and we will talk about e-brake sliding Simcas, driving the Factory Five Racing GTM, and the greatest movie of all times (Spinal Tap in case you didn't know already).
- Mike Brewer from Wheeler Dealers is going to join us via phone from somewhere exotic (it might be an airport men's room or the driver's seat of the latest WD acquisition), but we are going to talk about modern classics, the glamorous life of a TV host, and which car was his favorite to restore.