My choice is the ItalDesign Aztec, which according to Wikipedia is a 1988 concept car by designer Giorgetto Giugiaro, but according to this Hemmings blog article from 2011 as many as 18 may have been built and sold for upwards of $750,000. I dunno...it looks really concepty to me... This Audi 5-cylinder powered all-wheel-drive machine may skirt the limit of what is a concept versus a production car...but it is certainly the best looking automobile to ever wear the Aztec badge.
Did I just break the rules in my example? Sure. But as every good parent has ever said: do as I say, not as I do!
Standard contest rules are as follows:
1. Only one car per comment (be sure to hit the refresh button on your browser before you post in case someone else has posted since you loaded the page). Do not nest the replies, just reply to the main post -- if you reply to someone elses comment it should be in reference to his comment and not another submission.
3. The contest will end in on Sunday, Aug 16, 2015.
4. One submission per make/model.
5. Each car must be a prototype car, from which no production versions were built.
6. No anonymous submissions -- pick a name with the Name/URL dropdown.
Ready....Set...break the rules!!
Public domain image from LarryStevens, concept idea by K2 Mystery Car.