The Beetle was a simple car and used examples littered junk yards, parking lots, and garages around the globe, so it makes sense that they were used for kit cars, like the Glockler Spyder. It may have looked like a Porsche 550, but the pan, engine, suspension was borrowed from a used Type 1.
Now we make a list of all the Beetle based kit cars.
Standard contest rules are as follows:
1. Only one car per comment (be sure to hit the refresh button on your browser before you post in case someone else has posted since you loaded the page). Do not nest the replies, just reply to the main post -- if you reply to someone elses comment it should be in reference to his comment and not another submission.
3. The contest will end in on Sunday, July 12th, 2015.
4. One submission per kit car model/generation.
5. Each car must be for a company that created running/driving cars (no clay model prototypes) and at least two must have been built of that particular car (no one-offs).
6. No anonymous submissions -- pick a name with the Name/URL dropdown.