Image credit: "Znaczek Mercedesa". Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.5 via Wikimedia Commons.
For me, the most iconic of emblems is the Mercedes-Benz tri-pointed star, behind which I have spent many an hour imagining it is some sort of gun sight -- hoping high velocity projectiles will remove traffic ahead.
What is your favorite hood ornament put on a post-war car?
Standard twister rules are as follows:
1. Only one ornament per comment (be sure to hit the refresh button on your browser before you post in case someone else has posted since you loaded the page). Do not nest the replies, just reply to the main post -- if you reply to someone elses comment it should be in reference to his comment and not a new submission.
2. You can post again, but only after someone else posts another car.
3. The contest will end at Sunday, June 21, 4pm PST.
4. One submission per hood ornament design (for instance, you can't just pick another tri-pointed Merc hood ornament from a W108/W111 etc).
5. Each car must be a running/driving car (no clay model prototypes) and at least two must have been built of that particular car (no one-offs.) and sold anywhere in the world after 1945.
6. No anonymous submissions -- pick a name with the Name/URL dropdown.