|photo from http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/|
I've spent some time a few years ago scouring local junkyards for functioning opera lights and I can tell you that (A) they are abundant in junkyards, (B) most are not functioning, (C) they are difficult to remove without breaking something. The truth is, the world is a better place without opera lights in any car...but that isn't important, today you are going to help compile a list of all new cars sold with the funky fluorescent 70s abomination.
Photo from Murilee Martin jalopnik article used with his permission.
Contest rules are as follows:
1. Only one car per comment (be sure to hit the refresh button on your browser before you post in case someone else has posted since you loaded the page). Do not nest the replies, just reply to the main post -- if you reply to someone elses comment it should be in reference to his comment and not a new submission.
2. You can post again, but only after someone else posts another car.
3. The contest will end at Sunday, April 5th, 4pm PST.
4. One submission per generation of each make/model.
5. Each car must be a running/driving car (no clay model prototypes) and at least two must have been built of that particular car (no one-offs).
6. No anonymous submissions -- pick a name with the Name/URL dropdown.