Welcome back to another edition of DT's weekly quiz show, the Thursday Twister where we ask the questions that Katie Couric can't because she is choking on a peanut m&m. This week's twister subject is to find the rarest of rare -- the crown prince of unicorns-- the cars built after 1990 that were only available with a manual transmission from the factory.
To be clear, we are looking for cars that were ONLY available with a manual gearbox since 1990 and sold in North America. Sub models allowed, for instance, the above Subaru Impreza WRX STi is fine, because the 2nd generation Impreza WRX STi (2004-2007) was only available with a 6-speed manual (but you could get slushbox on the basic Impreza, or WRX). No flappy paddles, or clutchless aberrations like the Saab autostick. Gears, clutch, & shifter.
Standard twister rules are as follows:
1. Only one car per comment (be sure to hit the refresh button on your
browser before you post in case someone else has posted since you loaded
the page). Do not nest the replies, just reply to the main post -- if
you reply to someone elses comment it should be in reference to his
comment and not a new submission.
2. You can post again, but only after someone else posts another car.
3. The contest will end at Sunday, May 3rd, 4pm PST.
4. One submission per generation of each make/model.
5. Each car must be a running/driving car (no clay model prototypes) and
at least two must have been built of that particular car (no one-offs.)
6. No anonymous submissions -- pick a name with the Name/URL dropdown.