Welcome back to another edition of DT's weekly quiz show, the Thursday Twister where we make little hats out of post-it notes and see if the float on a vat of used transmission fluid (spoiler alert -- they do!). According to a recent Forbes article, Mexico will soon be the car capital of the Americas, but I don't believe everything written by a bunch of half-wits on the interwebs, and neither should you. However, various OEMs have been building cars for American consumption south of the border for a number of years and today's topic is -- cars built in Mexico and sold in the US of A.
The first one is easy -- VW's New Beetle-- but can we find the rest?
This week's twister was a suggested from K2 Mr E Karr.
Standard twister rules are as follows:
1. Only one car per comment (be sure to hit the refresh button on your
browser before you post in case someone else has posted since you loaded
the page). Do not nest the replies, just reply to the main post -- if
you reply to someone elses comment it should be in reference to his
comment and not a new submission.
2. You can post again, but only after someone else posts another car.
3. The contest will end at Sunday, April 26th, 4pm PST.
4. One submission per generation of each make/model.
5. Each car must be a running/driving car (no clay model prototypes) and
at least two must have been built of that particular car (no one-offs.)
6. No anonymous submissions -- pick a name with the Name/URL dropdown.